Powerful Storytelling: messages that motivate -
our In-house Workshop
Do you want to:
- Attract higher quality customers to your business?
- Present technical or business information simply and memorably?
- Improve internal communications?
- Lead rather than just manage your team or organization?
And would you like to find simple and powerful ways to motivate and persuade other people of your ideas, strategies and arguments?
Powerful Storytelling is our in-house workshop designed for anyone who needs the skills to communicate more deeply, emotionally, and powerfully with their audience. By the end of the workshop they will be able to:
- Fully understand how stories work;
- understand how to use stories, framing and images powerfully and creatively; and
- create stories using StoryWorks skills to inspire themselves, their organisations and their clients
Powerful Storytelling is the workshop ‘twin’ of Persuasive Writing. Both workshops are modular so that organisations can choose the writing and stroytelling techniques and skills from each workshop that they need and will find most valuable.
Who will get most from this storytelling workshop
People most likely to benefit:
- senior managers;
- CEOs, CFOs;
- Professional speakers
- Lecturers and teachers
We can adapt the content of the workshop to allow it to be run over a number of sessions (eg 2 half day sessions). As with all of our in-house training, we offer a fully tailored course / workshop to meet your specific requirements.
Workshop learning outcomes
By attending this course your will learn how to:-
- Understand why stories are the most powerful communication tool
- Create and shape your own stories successfully
- Shift audience perceptions
- Persuade and sell more convincingly
- Motivate your audience
- Use framing and images to control arguments and ideas
Powerful Storytelling Workshop - Typical Outline
Here's an example of a classic Powerful Storytelling workshop.
- What communications do you need to create?
- Review of workshop objectives
What is a story?
- How stories differ from other communications
- Why stories are so powerful as communications tools
What can you use stories for?
- Using stories to shift perceptions deeply
- Using stories to persuade and sell more convincingly
- Motivating your audience more strongly
Where can you use stories successfully?
- Stories versus statistics (as back up or replacing bare figures)
- Stories as examples to reinforce points
- Stories to improve presentations/arguments
- Stories as framing devices and metaphors
- Stories to bond with your audience
Developing your own stories
- What must a good story have?
- Where to get the best material
Does a story have to be true?
- The truth continuum: where should your story sit?
- Developing your personal story
- Developing stories for your organisation
Story sequencing for building deep trust
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- What’s my vision?
Spotting the other story
- Developing story awareness
- Dealing successfully with counter stories
- Creating concentrated stories to dominate the debate
- Using stories as memory exercises
- How to use jokes as miniature stories
Workshop evaluation & action planing
- Personal action plan for further development
- End of course evaluations
Like us to tailor a workshop to your specific requirements?
We can run these workshops as one day, two day or over several half days or even shorter time slots. We can also adapt the content to meet your specific trainnig objectives.
Give us a call on +44 (0)8456 444 150 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific requirements further
Powerful Storytelling workshop fees
Our fees are:-
£3590 + VAT and expenses for up to 8 participants.
£1890 + VAT and expenses for up to 8 participants.
Tailored workshop fees:-
Our fees for a fully tailored workshop are as above plus an additional once off consultancy fee to cover any meetings that are required plus the time needed for the actual design of the workshop.
This specialist workshop is designed and delivered by Simon.
As well as being an experienced trainer and role-player Simon is an accomplished actor, writer and theatre director. He has worked as a writer, designer and film director for a range of large companies and organizations including Shell, Amnesty International UK and the British Standards Institution.
Simon has a MA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University. He is also a professionally trained actor with a diploma in acting from Webber Douglas Academy. He has a wide range of writing experience, in both the commercial sector, as well as for television, film and radio. He works as a trainer for companies internationally and in the UK, developing and delivering courses up to partner level.
You can read more about Simon here.
If you want your staff to communicate more powerfully...
We know we can help them:-
use storytelling skills naturally and powerfully
communicate emotionally with their audience and...
develop from managers to leaders
Get in touch today:-
If you'd like to make a booking; got some questions you'd like to ask; or want to discuss the course in more detail with Simon.
Call us on +44 (0)8456 444 150
or email us at: email@example.com
Speak to you soon.
Other Training Available from Skillstudio
Have a look at our various training options by clicking on one of the 3 training options below:-