Building a High Performing Team - our in-house workshop
Do you want to:
- Earn a reputation for getting teams working?
- Spot different personality types fast?
- Adapt to others to get people engaged?
And would you like to go beyond the role of ‘specialist’ and become recognised in your firm as a great ‘people person’?
High Performing Teams
High Performing Teams is our in-house workshop designed for for people in middle and senior management who need to move from ‘expert’ to ‘adaptive’ to engage others and influence them positively. Once people have an awareness of self, they need to develop awareness of others in order to adapt and connect better as a team.
The outcomes are increased productivity, higher levels of trust, enhanced respect, optimal collaboration and employee satisfaction.
This course focuses on the key skills and mindset required to succeed at the highest level and can be tailored to suit the needs of particular sectors, from financial services to media & publishing.
Who will get most from 'High Performing Teams'?
People most likely to benefit:
Expert or technically-minded individuals who have risen through specialist expertise, now required to manage or be part of a high performing team, and need the people skills and mindset to engage others at an enhanced level.
Sales and Consultants who need to bridge the gap between advising and close team working
Operational staff involved in teamwork who need better relationship
Managers with dysfunctional teams requiring skills to deal with difficult people situations
Managersbuilding new teams who need to consider personality mix and behavioural types
Directors and partners who need to hire, inspire and influence people internally and externally – getting others on side, including those who do not think and operate like them
Graduates lacking a high degree of awareness of self or others, and who need to work in teams
Workshop learning outcomes
By attending this course your will learn how to:-
- Boost awareness and focus on behaviours, not competencies
- Get people interested in listening and talking to you and each other
- Understand why some people are easier/harder to interact with
- Establish empathy, liking and trust from the first contact
- Evaluate your ability to connect with and adapt to others
- Learn vital signals – from handshakes to email styles
- Own the ability to replicate ‘you on a good day’
Comments from previous delegates
“Great insight into tools to deal with other team members.”
“Very interesting to learn how others perceive me compared to how I perceive me!
“A really insightful and thought-provoking day. Well planned and interesting. I look forward to reading my report more thoroughly, and taking it all on board. Very enjoyable with some very good practical advice. Thank you!”
“Suspicions about how I come across to others were usefully confirmed, and some new perspectives on areas for development gained. A very good course – probably one of the most useful I’ve been on in recent years. Thank you.”
“Excellent. Very thought-provoking, open and free-thinking. Very constructive.”
High Performing Teams workshop - Typical Outline
Here's an example of a classic High Performing Teams workshop. Each element comprises of tutor instruction, typically followed by an exercise, then a group discussion to unpack the learning.
- What individual and team outcomes do you need to achieve?
- Review of workshop objectives
Clear aims, clear achievements
- What makes us different
- The skills and the mindset of great managers and team players
- Review of Insights colour energies and building blocks of our personality
- How others perceive us and why it matters
- Exercises to build on understanding of colour energies in a team dynamic
Understanding other team members
- Kantor’s 4-player team dynamic model: Move, oppose, bystand, follow
- Beliefs... driving behaviours... determining outcomes
- Lencioni’s team dysfunctions: Trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, results
Adapting and connecting
- Becoming more aware of self and adapting to others
- ‘False Kindness’ – Creating the environment for authentic conversations
- Giving feedback without causing resistance and offence
- Valuing the motivations and mindset of others
- Showing genuine recognition for the contribution of others
- Building and becoming the high performing team
Workshop evaluation & action planing
- Personal action plan for further development
- End of course evaluations
Like us to tailor a workshop to your specific requirements?
We can run these workshops as one or two day events. We can also adapt the content to meet your specific trainnig objectives.
Give us a call on +44 (0)8456 444 150 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific requirements further
High Performing Teams workshop fees
Our fees are:-
£2890 + VAT and expenses for up to 8 participants.
£1490 + VAT and expenses for up to 8 participants.
* Where delegates request or require individual ‘Insight Discovery’ personality profiles, these will be charged additionally and at cost.
Tailored workshop fees:-
Our fees for a fully tailored workshop are as above plus an additional once off consultancy fee to cover any meetings that are required plus the time needed for the actual design of the workshop.
This specialist workshop is designed and delivered by Ian.
Ian has worked mainly in the financial markets for over 15 years in senior sales and marketing management positions for Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg, prior to a move into sales training and consultancy in 2003. “I am chiefly interested in helping people increase their skills, confidence and motivation around sales and personal impact. My skill is in getting others to understand where they are currently and where they need to focus to produce better, more consistent performance.”
Ian has a MA in Strategic Marketing Management and a BA in English and communication. He is a member of CIM and a qualified Insights practitioner for self and team development. He works as a trainer for companies internationally and in the UK, developing and delivering courses up to CEO level.
You can read more about Ian here.
If you want your people work better as a high performing team...
We know we can help them:-
- Understand themselves and each other
- Increase the quality of their interactions
- Adapt and connect better to each other
- Value each other more and create more successful outcomes
Get in touch today:-
If you'd like to make a booking; got some questions you'd like to ask; or want to discuss the course in more detail with Ian.
Call us on +44 (0)8456 444 150
or email us at: email@example.com
Speak to you soon.
Other Training Available from Skillstudio
Have a look at our various training options by clicking on one of the 3 training options below:-